UPDATE: It does indeed have a s/n, so my guess is that it is post-'64, Stamped in barrel is Stevens Model 246 yadda yadda yadda, Westfield, Mass. It is a Bolt-Action Tube-Fed .22s-l-lr, Curved buttplate, weaver k3 60-b scope/rings (original).

UPDATE #2:So we have figured this to be a 1965 Stevens Model 246 built-by Savage and is identical to their 1965 Model 46.

Believe it or not there is only one action screw holding this gem together. Yes that's right, just one action screw...in front of the trigger guard. There is another post that could be used just 4.6in forward of the trigger guard, but the stock is not drilled for it and so it just rests on the stock when placed in.

Anyone ever seen this before? Is there any reason not to utilize the second/forward action screw?

UPDATE #2:Holy cow! Range report...Humidity 24%, Temp 92F, Wind 9mph/5o'clock, Bright/Some Clouds/Mostly Sunny, Shoulder Fired/Forward Rest...can you believe 50yd, 5 5-shot strings avg less than 1" With Remington 40g Solid Target!

I did need to break it down last night and remove the feed mech to "massage" the Magazine Guide, Lifter, Lifter Spring, and Lifter Spacers. They were not applying proper amount of pressure, due to binding, and not feed next round properly thus creating a FTF. So yes, I shot single-shot for the session, only 65rds. Ugh!

Keep in mind this was with a completely stock 1965 Stevens (Savage) Model 246 with original Weaver 3x scope. A true gem this is.

And here is a snapshot of it...
[img width=600 height=302]http://slimvela.webs.com/Firarms/Stevens%20Model%20246.jpg[/img]