Hi. I bought this Nikon omega scope because it has a very long eye relief ( 5 inches constant) and I now feel safer shooting my .300wsm .
Problem is the scope tube is very short. it is around 4.75 " and with my leupold base and rings, the scope is as far as it will go from my face, but it's not far enough to my taste. I now have to move my head back just a bit to get the best view in the scope. with the base and rings now on, it has no other position possible; the rings are fixed on the base and can`t more onto another slot...

so without busting the budget , do you know of a cheap system that will allow my short scope to be mounted 1 inch forward ? one piece or 2 piece base I don`t care ( I now have a 2 piece base on and I have zero experience with one piece base on a top fed rifle...how easy/hard is it to load ammo into the rifle from the top with a 1 piece base ??)

I have to mension the rifle is a Savage model 16 NON Accutrigger ( flat rear receiver) short action (.300wsm) . I looked online ... not much choice for non accu savage nowadays...

I know I could get a nice farrell but it's a bit out of my budget... I would like to go with something cheaper if it exists. do you know of a setup that would work with my scope?

thank you
stef, montreal