>I know you guys have heard this before, but year goes. My savage 22-250 short action will not eject cases on a consisent basis. I called savage they sent me a new ejector and spring. I put those in and the rifle worked fine for awile. They kept telling me the ejector was the problem. I, suggested the extractor maybe the problem, but they said it was the ejector. The guy must not have known the extractor and the ejector work together to eject the case. Anyway, I called them back and they would not send me an extractor, because gun had been modified. So, I bought an extractor from Midway. That also helped, but only for a short time. I tried the bigger detent ball and filling the ejection pin so it would protrud farther, but that didn't work. My bolt head is .024 larger than my caseheads. I ,believe this is the issue. This is my first savage and I haven't been happy with it. I have a lot of time and money working up loads and don't want to give up yet, but I'm very close to giving up and getting another 700. I've had seven different 700's and never had a problem. What can I do.

BP