Thread: Crossfire 8X32X50AO Repair

Crossfire 8X32X50AO Repair

The scope started acting squirrely on my 204 Ruger AR and finally wouldn't hold a zero so I sent it back to Vortex Last Friday. I just received an e-mail from them advising the scope was sent back to me yesterday and should arrive FedEx Monday. Pretty darned good turn around time. No mention of what they found wrong but I imagine a repair report accompanies the scope.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Re: Crossfire 8X32X50AO Repair

Received notofication that the scope was shipped back to me on 6-7-11. Guess I'll have to wait and read their repair report when thr scope gets here Monday.

GaCop the same with mine, only on mine the horzional croshair seemed like it was moving and then disappear. This happened to me and another shooter after looking through it awhile. I thought it was my eyes at first but you could not adjust it out and the vertical one stayed clear. I got the same turn around time great.

Don - LongRangeSupply

Fairly common with the crossfires. Had two that wouldn't track right out of the box. The knobs moved but the reticle didn't change position.

For the money I guess they are OK but I sure don't trust mine on anything including rimfires. They replaced them and I still have them but there is always the "when is this going to break" thought as you are shooting.The Japanese and Philippine made Vortex scopes (crossfires are made in china and the quality difference is obvious) are a lot better scopes and have shown zero problems for me.

Basic Member

strange i have a 8x32x50 ao on my mod.12 lrvp never a problem have almoat 1k down the pipe i wish they had the same mag. or higher in a higher end scope but didnt find one .i was told not to put it on my 308 by them i was told even though thier warranty is great the scopes are not made for a heavy recoiling rifle.

Some people are luckier than others. I haven't had much luck with the Crossfires. As soon as I can afford it, this Crossfire will be replaced with the excellent Viper. My Cross fire that went bad after about 18 months had only been on a 6mm BR, 223 and a 204 Ruger AR.

rossman40

If it goes out again whine a lot and they will give a real good price on a Viper. They have did that for others.

They made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a Viper. It replaced a 6X24X50 Crossfire that went belly up a second time doing the same thing I sent it in for. This time, they sent me the brand new Crossfire. If it goes down in flames, back it goes at their expense.