Thread: change to detach-mag and a 2nd question about Savage and left handed stocks?

Deserthunter

change to detach-mag and a 2nd question about Savage and left handed stocks?

I have a 12FLV that's had a lot of work done on it, however I would love "just" one or two more little tweaks ---

1st, The rifle presently has a 6.5x47Lapua barrel and it shoots very well, I would like to change over to a detachable magazine though, can you tell me what steps I need to do and will the 6.5 feed ok from a detachable mag?

2nd, I would like to know if Savage makes the Accu-stock in a lefty? If not who else makes a "good" lefty stock? I presently have a Choate Varmint stock on the rifle, it shoots great but very heavy, any ideas? It seems like I've looked forever and have run out of ideas for a nice left handed either laminated or solid stock......

Thanks, Desert

chewcudda

Re: change to detach-mag and a 2nd question about Savage and left handed stocks?

answer to your second question 10 FLCP-K and 16 FLHSS has left handed accustock. dont know about the first.

on a side note how much you want for that choate stock.

chewy

tinkerer

Re: change to detach-mag and a 2nd question about Savage and left handed stocks?

Also availabel on sale at Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=711399

Larry
    Tinkerer

chewcudda

hoping it was centerfeed not staggered

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deserthunter
    If not who else makes a "good" lefty stock? I presently have a Choate Varmint stock on the rifle, it shoots great but very heavy, any ideas? It seems like I've looked forever and have run out of ideas for a nice left handed either laminated or solid stock......

Thanks, Desert
    Stockade Stocks....Owned by Kevin Rayhill. I have three of his stocks and two that I am currently waiting for. Good product, light, made to your length of pull, and inlet for your action. The money saver stocks do not take a long time to finish (I also have a Manners stock and a AICS in a Rem, I say this so you can use your judgment about my impression of Rayhill's work).
    The turnaround is about 16 weeks, but everything in this game is a long wait. Kevin is unique and has strong opinions.....forewarned
    I hope this thread does not get locked, because I mentioned a competitor to the websites owners.
    Be careful of what you wish for, and always be mindful of what others are trying to accomplish

Deserthunter

Thanks for the posts, I'll check into all of them......

chewcudda --- As soon as I know about replacing the Choate, I'll let you know....