Thread: Savage repair turnaround time

jinx-)

Savage repair turnaround time

I send my 12 LRP to Savage, because of the bad accuracy, I received call from Savage week before Memorial weekend, I was told that it requires new barrel, so now its been like 3 weeks and no sign of my rifle, so I called them last week and was told that they are making barrel for it, this week same still making barrel... How long does it take to make barrel??? Anyone experienced anything like this and how long does it take to get rifle back???

Re: Savage repair turnaround time

Mmmm... well, probably one of two things will happen. You'll either end up waiting until they make another *batch* of barrels for a 12 LRP in .260 Rem... which I'm guessing could be in the 60-90 day range (used to be, they've been really backed up, now more like 12-20 weeks for 'production' items) or you'll get lucky and they slip it in between setup/teardown for other 'batches' along with some other custom orders. Perhaps another (polite) call inquiring about it would help things along...

HTH,

Monte

r29l20

Try talking to Effie Sullivan ext. 6 :)

jinx-)

I see, thanx. Just wording that "we are making barrel for you" got me confused... I thought it doesn't take that much time to make one.

jinx-)

Effie, who is she or he?

Basic Member

Effie is a very nice lady at Savage that helps people like me and you when we have a problem!

I had to send a model 11 back (sporter weight 308 that would not shoot better than 3 inch groups), they had it for 6 weeks. Apparently they had trouble getting it to shoot. They re-barreled it. The apparently sent it to the range and it still didn't shoot too well so they did a "home gunsmith" type of crown (looked like they chucked up a brass ball in a hand drill). Crown was "in the white". Crown did look clean though. When I got it back it would shoot 3/4 to 1 inch groups which I was happy with for a light weight hunting rifle.

jinx-)

I see thanks! But I already have a guy working on my case. Model 11 in 308, hmm that reminds me I had one BTH, wouldn't shoot, but I had local gunsmith cut target crown and glass bedded still 1.5" with handloads, well I sold that one.