Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: richards microfit stock.

Team Savage

Re: richards microfit stock.

No orders by email. Phone or by mail only. It usually takes a few days for them to get back to you if you have any email questions.
    Do your homework, know ahead of time "exactily" what you want.
    I think it out real good then send it in. Forget about it till it shows up, then it'll be like Christmas. ;D
    I've got one in the works right now. Should be another few weeks till it shows up.
    It will be #7 or #8. I've lost count. Couldn't get the action inlet I was after so it will barrel channel only. I'll cut for the Whidden V Block.
    Good stocks for the $$ and one of the best selections of styles. Not a drop and finish for sure but not too bad either. About 1/2 the price of some of the custom stocks. Well worth the price even if you have to do some work on it to make it "yours". 8)
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

nuclabuyer

I am not a big fan of there stocks, the wood is not very strong. I have broke 2 of them, both during removing barreled action after getting glass bedded. One was on a 204 for a long time. Decided to glass bed it, after the 24 hours of cure time on the bedding material, I put the stock in my lap and wack the barrel on the floor like I always do and the stock broke right behind the tang area. The other one did the same thing, but I never even got to shoot that one before it broke. 1 was the Tac-Driver, that is the one that was on my 204 for about a year, the other one was a tactical style, and that one never fired a shot before it broke in half. I decided to spend a little more money and get something that was a little more durable.

larrys1911

how does their Claro Walnut look? anyone got any pics of solid wood stocks from them?

Im thinking of dressing up a couple rifles.

Larry

I ordered a bechrest thumbhole target in the Tigerwood from them. Should get it late May. I'll let you all know how it all turns out.....
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by larrys1911
    how does their Claro Walnut look? anyone got any pics of solid wood stocks from them?

Im thinking of dressing up a couple rifles.

Larry
    Here is a picture of a Richards Microfit Marksman Stock. The wood is C. Walnut AA grade with a hand-rubbed Tru-Oil Gunstock finish. Unfinished stocks usually have a lot of tool marks and require singnificant prep work. But the finished stock is well worth the effort.

larrys1911

JPDown, That looks great.

Yea Im not worried about the work side, I do woodworking for fun so nothing new there. Ive build Entertainment centers, cabinets, book shelves and countless refinishing jobs. I am currently working on a cherry stock for my 300 Win mag and it came in VERY VERY Rough. It still had chisel marks on the cheek rest and handgrip and the action was no where close to fitting. but it now has a purple heart grip cap and forend tip and is almost done. Its giving me fits because I cant seem to get the sheen/shine I want with an oil finish (first time Ive ever done an oil finish, up to now its been Poly).

But that looks good to me and I think it will be a great improvement on my two remaining plasticrap stocks..

Thanks for that pick.

Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12