Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: richards microfit stock.

r29l20

richards microfit stock.

Wish me luck, I just ordered a stock from them on their close out bargin list. Savage short action, dual grip thumbhole, royal camo, left hand, blind mag. I do know what I'm in for, if they did their part, I can do mine. Keeping my fingers crossed. :-\

Basic Member

Re: richards microfit stock.

Keep us posted!! I've looked at them but heard too many mixed things about em
    Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver!!

chewcudda

damn i was looking at that one too

guess you snooze you loose huh

chewy

Team Savage

Over the last few years, they've gotten "much" better! I've had a few that were "pretty rough" so keep your fingers crossed and just maybe you'll get one that won't take too much work. Any work you put into the fit and finish will make the final product "yours". I think I've has 6 or 7 over the years and they've turned out real good for the price. You can do it!! ;D
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

dperk

Mine turned out excellent, but it did require a fair amount of work by me.

"Rough" is a good descriptor to use!

I would buy one again since I enjoyed the work and the finished product.

dremel, lots of sand paper, drill, and other tools probably required. If you want 'less' work, I suggest having them install the buttpad.

Team Savage

Having the butt plate installed by them would be a real good choice! Less work for you and you can concentrate on fit and finish. The newer stocks are coming "press fit" so that cuts "way" down on action fitting. Be prepared to do some work and you should be happy with the finished product. Remember, it's what you put into it!

nuclabuyer

I have bought 2 of them, and it seems to me that the wood they use is not very strong. I bought thumb hole silloutte type stock and the tactical stock. I had the thumb hole for about 4 years before it broke it was finished in automotive clear and the tactical broke in half after glass bedding it the first time never even go a chance to finish it, I gave it a little shot with a rubber mallet and broke right in half. I don't know that I would buy another one but the work and the finishing part wasn't that hard and it was pretty fun.

Team Savage

I "think" I've got 4 now. One Wildcat Camo and 3 benchrest thumbholes and never had any problems with any of them. Got one more in the works. The price and selection makes it better than spending twice as much on a custom fitted and finished stock. Wait time isn't too bad if you order it up and forget about it till it shows up.
    If you're prepared to do some work, they're a super good deal.

r29l20

Got the stock yesterday, all looks good. Now comes the fun part. :)

Got a before picture for us, so we can see if they have in fact improved or not.. ?
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

r29l20

I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow. I've been tweeking the inletting (very little) and pillar bedding it, but I haven't messed with the outside yet other than cutting the tip, and making a crescent but plate. :)

Team Savage

Just got word that the one I ordered in late January or early to mid February has been shipped. This is the longest wait I've ever had. Just order it up and forget about it. Be surprised when it shows up.

Team Savage

Update on my "just recieved" Richard's Micro-Fit stock. Ordered February 15th of this year. Showed up today. Took longer to get but at least it's the right color and style. ;D
    Looks like their inletting tools are getting dull again. Outside has a few "rough" spots. That was sort of expected but not appreciated.
    Action inlet looks like a drunk beaver went after it. ::) This stock is a good candidate for my Whidden V-Block. Save lots of "fine" work fitting the action to their inlet.
    It's a right hand Benchrest Thumbhole that will be modified for a "left hand" action. Fill the right side bolt cut and recut to left bolt. Color is black and grey so a color match will be a lot easier. Some work needed but not unexpected. Still a good deal if you don't mind working on it to make it "yours". 8)

r29l20

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/r29l20/Picture003.jpg[/img][img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/r29l20/Picture002.jpg[/img][img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/r29l20/Picture001.jpg[/img]

this is how the outside of the stock looked when i received it, other than cutting the cresent butt plate and minor inletting.

Team Savage

That's a "left hand" stock cut for a "right hand" action??? Makes sense to me.
    You keeping it "right hand" action??
    Got to do something with your free hand besides pick your nose.
    I just tried a left hand action in a ambi stock. (I'am a righty) Works slick. Keep my right hand holding the stock, work the bolt and feed ammo with my free "left" hand for bench shooting. 8)

r29l20

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/r29l20/Picture004-2.jpg[/img][img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/r29l20/Picture005.jpg[/img][img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/r29l20/Picture003-1.jpg[/img]
    a work in progress

looks great! Nice job.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Team Savage

Shoot it left handed and work the bolt with your right? 8) 8) I love it. ;D

Basic Member

Mike I am the best wood butcher in the land. I am no good when it comes to this sort of thing I leave it to the pros. LOL Lou
    A great civilization is not conqured from without,until it has destroyed itself from within. In God We Trust

SMK Shoe

Looks good. I am just oposite. I am a lefty that shoots right handed actions. Left hand never leaves the gun and right hand does all the loading and cycling. I have a stock on order from them since late sept. I still have a month in the desert so wait time isn't critical. I finished another stock from them a few years ago for a remmy LA. did take a lot of extra work, but got it exactly the way I wanted it.
    Also, +1 for letting them do the recoil pad if your gonna use one. I'm installing a tubbs three way adjustable so it was a mute point. May even use a widdens v block/ Who knows :D :D :D ;D

hunter2

Looks good..Did one for a winchester. More work than I anticipated..How does it shoot?

SMK Shoe

Mine came in last week. Lots of sanding to remove the machine marks. Like swirl marks on every surface. Already inletted for a v block. Stock is gonna look when done. Since this was my second, i knew the work needed. But had forgot how much i dont like sanding.

Team Savage

Good stocks for the $$. ;D

Dixieboy83

Just ordered the marksman style from Richards Micro Fit for my model 10 FPSR. Trying to find pillars for it. Do the 110's and the 10's use the same ones??

birdy

Does anyone have the email address to order them they look the goods even if you've got to do some extra work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast