Thread: MOA Turrets

kdvarmint

MOA Turrets

I got this new vortex crossfire and it has different turret marks than of my other scopes which are marked in 10 click increments to 60 1 full revolution.
    New scope is supposed to be 1/8 clicks and it is marked in 8 click increments, it reads 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 and 0 (18) being 1 full revolution.
    Seems like that would be 1/4 clicks? Anyhow, how do i use this to dial elevation if I have a 100 yrd 0 and my sierra ballistics chart reads at 200 yrds bullet path(inches) -2.8 and bullet path(1 MoA)-1.3 ?? The more I think about it, the more confused I make myself. And I've been awake for almost 24hrs, it don't help!! Suggestions?

seanhagerty

Re: MOA Turrets

This is easy. Go shoot and zero it at 100 yds. Then shoot it at 200 yds and see where it hits. Adjust towards the point of aim. Shoot and see where it hits. Once you get it hitting your point of aim at 200, write down the adjustments. This should tell you whats going on with the clicks per MOA etc.

I recommend you shoot at each 100 yd increment you can, to verify your drop data.

Good luck with it.

Sean

shaman

Contact vortex?

kdvarmint

I did, have to wait till Monday to hear back. I was able to make a chart with it, took a little time. I think on the turret 8 clicks should read "1" not "2", as it says 1 click = 1/8 moa on the turret. We'll see.

Basic Member

i have 1 also and from what i gathere it like reading a scale ruler in 1/8th" scale every 8 clicks +1 moa so if you have to go up 1/2 an moa then go up 4 clicks what you need to do is figure out what 2.8 "= how many moa and go up that many i use a ballistic calc on my phone that is set up for rifle makes it alot easier .

They had some early models that the turrets were marked wrong? I have one, I contacted them and they sent me the correct turret,
    Founding member of the 7MM STW Club, Member Cull Hunting Association, Best times that I had, were/are, fishing with my wife and daughter.

kdvarmint

Quote Originally Posted by HRstretch
    They had some early models that the turrets were marked wrong? I have one, I contacted them and they sent me the correct turret,
    I'm thinking this is the case. I will have to contact them again as they haven't gotten back to me.