PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun How to take down a Model 2400??

stevebyrn
05-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I picked up a nice model 2400, 12/.222. How do I separate the barrels from the receiver??

bigkelly
05-30-2011, 11:21 AM
aren't you a lucky dog
one of my 2400's is a real bear to get apart and the other is easy
the bear seems to want to seperate more readily if I hold the barrels just out of the lock position,barely broke open and pull strait up --I have 2 12/308's any chance you want to make a trade?? kmlashley@aol.com

stevebyrn
05-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Ah Ha! Very simple, thanks for the help. Also thanks for the offer of trade, however I believe I'll pass at this time. I have a Baikal 12/308. I lucked into the 2400 for $200. I would say it is in 90% condition. The fellow I bought it from bought it with the idea of reaming the chamber out to .223 but when he got it home from the gun show he discovered the stock was broken at the wrist. I just happened to be at the show the next day when he came back to try and return the rifle. Apparently that did not go well and I brought her home. Stripped the factory finish off, inlaid two pieces of straight grain cherry on either side of the wrist, reshaped the wrist and stippled it. Put an oil finish on the furniture and you will have to look very hard to find the repair. Oh, and it shot a 5 shot one hole group at 100yd with Privi Partisan ammo the first time at the range. I think she is a keeper...

bigkelly
05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
you really are a lucky dog--- well have fun --i had a chance at a gun but it had been re-chambered to 223 so i passed.I have several extra 12 O/U barrels from my 2400,model 330 and valmet lion barrels, along with the 20 ga set.In fact I'm using a 330 reciever for shooting,its wood looks nicer than the 2400's factory stock

come by savage24.com
there's e few of us 2400 guys there

Dalgo
06-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Stevebyrn, congratulations on your 2400. I just got one in virtually mint condition, myself, last week. It is in 12ga./.308. Beautiful, and accurate! The way the barrle separates, is interesting. When you press the lever to the right, the very top part slides back. That was an interesting variation, to say the least. Kinda like the Darne shotgun? Anyway, you know now that the barrel is pulled almost straight up, and not forward. It's different, but it seems to work, and looks pretty strong. You have a neat combo, as it is ideal for turkes, coyotes, etc. Because of the high front sight post, I find my shotgun barrel shoots low, so I'm looking for another front sight to play with, and either put a bead, or fiber optic sight to brighten it up some, and adjust the bottom barrel to shoot to that. I am also putting a Leupie 1.5-5X scope on it. Initially, I will put a Sako fixed mount, but later a quick-detach. Sako is very proud of their quick-detach mount/ring set, and charge accordingly. The gun is in pretty new condition, and I will exploit its versatility. I wish you a lot of happy hunts/memories with yours.

bigkelly
06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
dalgo I use leopold see thru rings on my 2400 with after market turkey sights attached to the rib---lucky dog steve with his 12/222 -Ive got a pair of 308's and have been dying to get a 222.i have 3 extra 12 O/U barrels sets to go with the 2 308 barrels