PDA

View Full Version : Burris XTR rings question

asahrts
05-20-2011, 02:23 PM
I have a 10FP in .308 and have mounted a Bushnell Elite 10x with EGW 0 MOA base and burris XTR low rings last night. I noticed when just placing the bottom half of the rings on the base that there is a small amount of movement forward and backward, even with the mounting screws tightened. I went ahead & mounted the scope, tightening the screws on the top half of the rings & again tightening the screws holding on the base. Overall, it seemed tighter, but i'm still getting back & forth movement with the rings on the base (now with scope mounted). It isn't a lot of movement, but enough that i noticed.

I read the instructions that came with the XTRings & have the screws on the LEFT side of the rifle, per the instructions.

So... is this normal? Maybe I just need to tighten the rings to the base more?

Thanks in advance.

05-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I use the XTR rings on 4 rifles with pict bases, and get 0 movement on any of them. I use the wheeler fat wrench set to 65in/lbs and a 1/2" hex socket.

asahrts
05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Ok, I'll get a little more aggressive. Just based on apparent fit & finish, I am far more impressed with those rings than I am with the EGW base.