PDA

View Full Version : Combination Tactical and Sporting Stock

captainjoe
05-20-2011, 12:38 PM
I would like to buy a stock for packing in the field, but would like for it to have tactical features for shooting off of the bench. Ideally I would like a laminate with an adjustable comb, but neither of these are deal killers if the stock is high quality and well built.

Anyone know of a maker that build's this kind of stock?

goatboy
05-21-2011, 02:52 AM
There are a few stocks that would fit your needs depending on your price range. The Manners MCS-T or T3 can be had with an adjustable comb but are not laminate. Sharp Shooter Supply has a laminate varmint/tactical (LVT) with adjustable comb or monte-carlo sporter without adjustable comb but I have never dealt with either of them. McMillan has the M40 A-1 HTG and Adjustable HTG or you could go with a Bell and Carlson DuraMaxx or Medalist A2 if you have a heavier contour barrel. I have a Medalist A2 and it is very comfortable shooting from the prone position I just don't care for the forend when it comes to hauling it around. Also have the Manners MCS-T3 on order (16 week wait) and have heard great things about them plus they have been great to deal with. If weight is a concern I would avoid an adjustable comb as it will usually increase heft or you could order a Karsten cheek piece and still be able to adjust your comb with less added weight. Hope this helps.

captainjoe
05-21-2011, 03:14 AM
Very, very helpful. Many thanks indeed. I am not super sensitive to weight. My rigs tend to be on the heavy side, but I'm reasonably fit and it doesn't bother me as much as it does some of my hunting buddies.