PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Differences in Mark II Actions?

CobraKiller
10-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Ive been looking into buying a Mark II and have been looking through some of the older post. I read somewhere that a person said the receiver on the F models was a "E" type model. I was wondering how this was different and if the cheap F models have any other difference beside the plastic stock? I really like the BV model but I would not also rule out buying a SSS stock later so that's why I also looking at the F models.

sharpshooter
10-30-2009, 03:05 AM
All of the new MKII's and 93's are the "E" receiver, regardless of which stock type. It has several differences. The receiver is 5/8" longer, but the screw spacing is the same. The heavy portion of the barrel (the first 4") has been eliminated on the E, and the recoil lug has been eliminated. They also changed the stand-offs to a larger style.

CobraKiller
10-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks Fred! Is there any drop off in accuracy in the new models. I'm sure the recoil lug is not that big of a deal and I'm sure it really doesn't matter cause I'm not going to be able to find an older model but just wondering.

rogerxd45
11-06-2009, 03:04 PM
well the V in the name means a bull barrel and the F is the synthetic stock and the B is the wood laminate stock

and recently savage started using the same action for the MKII and the 93. the previous difference between the two was the ejection port being smaller on the mkII and larger on the 93.
but the new savage mkII rifels use the same action that was used on the 93, so the ejection spacing is the same.

so ive had the BV and FV and there was only a $50 difference in price so i sold my FV and bought the BV and i REALLY like factory savage laminate stock.

so if you KNOW you are getting the SSS stock then buy the FV but if your unsure get the BV with the laminate stock and im willing to bet that you will be happy with it.

but make sure you get a model with the V so you get the bull barrel. barrel swaps on these guns are very difficult so make sure you get at least the barrel you want, and im sure since your interested in the SSS stock i doubt you want the stupid sporter barrel with iron sights. the BV and FV come without sights but drilled and tapped for scope mounts and they also come with the scope bases

CobraKiller
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Picked up a BV model that was a package deal with a simmons 3x9 scope. I really didn't want the scope but that was the only one that was in stock with the bull barrel. I'll end up trading the scope into SWFA torward a new Vortex. Happy with my purchase but will be awhile before I get some range time with it. Thanks again for your help.