View Full Version : model 10 stock

jraney
05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
i was wondering what stock you guys put on your
model 10 savage. I have the model 10 with the detachable box mag
and i have been looking for some sort of solution
for the flemsy plastic stock but i cannot find 1 that
will work with the dbm. i might be overlooking
something but i would really like to hear what you guys use.

J

bootsmcguire
05-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Most stocks will have to be inlet for the DBM bottom metal. SSS offers this service. I have no 1st hand experience with SSS but I know they are one of the leading Savage authorities (next to Savage itself).

Jim Briggs at NSS is a pleasure to deal with. I have done business with him a couple of times now and always a pleasure. He has had in the past had some factory take off laminate stocks that were inlet for the DBM. Might wanna give him a call and see what he has.

iamsniper1
05-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Choate Tactical "The Tactical stock has a full length bedding block, adjustable spacer system to adjust the length of pull, rail on bottom of forend to attach a bipod and sling swivels on both sides. This stock takes the Savage factory Detachable magazine actions with action screw spacing of 4.410 center to center of the action screws." $250.00.Anything is better than tupperware.

northlander
05-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Jraney,
I do have two stock options that may interest you:
H-S Precision - Synthetic Stocks - Aluminum bedding frame with DBM set up - $375.00
Savage VLP - Laminate Wood Stocks - Pillar bedding with DBM set up - $275.00

Jim Briggs
NSS

jraney
05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
hey thanks for the info. i will keep this in mind when i am ready to buy.

madison
06-08-2011, 02:14 PM
check out "stockade stocks" (google search). They specialize in stocks inletted for the 4.4 inch spaced centerfeed SA DBM savage actions. Have read many good things about them on other forums.