PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the help and a new idea of adding weight (cheap and easy non perm)

chewcudda
05-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I know i am a new poster but i have been trolling the site for a few weeks now getting ideas because of the recoil on my flns .308

I combined several ideas from the site and added my own twist.

I added 1.5 pounds of weight for about 2.71 cents total heres how i did it.

took 271 pennies that were laying around the house ( under the couch, between couch cushions,out of my wifes purse) and taped them into rolls of 25. that makes 10 with 25 and one with 21.

i placed them in the stock by stuffing cloth in the very end of the stock near the action( i used flannel from a old ripped shirt, any old cloth will work) then wrapped two bundles in cloth and put them in, then groupd of three. stuffed the last of the material into the end of the stock under the recoil pad and re attached the recoil pad.

now i have a solid feeling stock weighing in at 1.52 pounds more than it did with the cheap styrofoam in it.

hope this helps someone else

chewy

chewcudda
05-14-2011, 07:05 PM
now added the lead shot to the front stock. my stock is not approx 2.5 pounds heavier than it was this morning. that should bring down the recoil. next up for it is a bipod.

chewy