PDA

View Full Version : Another 11 lwh question

bluealtered
05-11-2011, 08:57 AM
While i wait for the lwh to start showing up i have noticed that the bolt release is the accu-stock type. Since i hunt in the rain and snow quite a bit i was going to change out the stock for a tupperware type stock to use and just put the wooden stock away.

I don't want to buy a accu-stock to do this, so do you have any thoughts on what i will need to do to swap out the wood for a tupperware? Or should i just drown the wood in clear coat and call it good? Thanks blue.

sharpshooter
05-11-2011, 01:11 PM
The standard bolt release won't work because the receiver is not milled for the thumb lever. This only leaves 2 options: mill the receiver, or modify the existing bolt release by adding a thumb lever. The trigger guard would need to be changed to the standard one.
I'm currently looking into the modified bolt release......seems like nobody likes the new style.

bluealtered
05-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks sharpshooter, i had the new style on my 10pc. I didn't mind it just different, i guess at this point it's seal the stock as best i can. blue

pdog06
05-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Shouldnt the bottom release trigger guard work on the other stock as well? The release button is housed in the trigger guard so it should fit I think. Or atleast with a little modification.

sharpshooter
05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
The trigger guard is deeper, and besides that it would take a DBM stock. The early DBM tupperware stocks were real flimsy because of the cut out for the mag frame, hence the accustocks were born. But anything is possible.