PDA

View Full Version : stagger feed to inline feed

rsbhunter
05-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I know it;s probably been beat to death, but i have a chance to buy a new 116 old pre accu trigger for a good deal...can a centerfeed mag be fit to a stagger feed action without ALOT of work? Thanks, rsbhunter

GUNFANATIC
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Why would you want to convert it to centerfeed?

rsbhunter
05-10-2011, 08:17 PM
thought they fed certain cartridges better, like AI's

bootsmcguire
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I prefer CF myself but most SF's will do just as well. It can be done, I know I have read it here, I would think you just remove the SF mag box from you action and shim or epoxy in the CF mag to the stock.

rsbhunter
05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the info, i just bought a 116 270 brand new (old stock) for $290.00...ANOTHER project!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sew0177
05-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I thought the SF receiver had the case lips milled into it. I would think that they would have to be removed to convert it to CF, which has the lips on the box mag.

bootsmcguire
05-11-2011, 10:50 PM
I thought the SF receiver had the case lips milled into it. I would think that they would have to be removed to convert it to CF, which has the lips on the box mag.
I just checked one of my SF-SA's and one of my CF-SA's and it appears to me that the SF-SA has the two tabs and the front and back of the lower receiver opening for the mag box to attach to the action and the CF-SA does not. In both cases the lips are attached to the magazine box. Remove the box from the action on the SF and the lips are also removed. Don't know if the tab slots milled into the action (which of course hold the mag box to the receiver) would cause any interferance with a CF mag being used, but it doesn't look like it would, but I didn't measure anything other than with my eyeball.