PDA

View Full Version : Test targets?

okbob51
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Did I read somewhere that Savage includes a test target with their target rifles.....similar to Cooper? Does anyone have a picture of one? Are they shot at 100 yds?

kslefty
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I have bought 3 new savages in the last 4 years and none of them included a test target. They did include a ready to shoot target with the trigger lock and earplugs.

Corprin
10-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I have bought 3 new savages in the last 4 years and none of them included a test target. They did include a ready to shoot target with the trigger lock and earplugs.

Did you buy 3 target rifles, or just normal rifles?

Woodser
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
I bought two new Savages this year and both of them had targets in the paper work. However, they were not from Savage's testing of the rifle you just bought. They were for you to send to them after you shot your best group with their rifle.
I suppose they would use them for advertising or propaganda. They are titled "give us your best shot".

They are black on yellow paper with a 1" grid, two black concentric rings with a yellow bulls eye. I suppose they were intended for 100 yards.

Jamie
10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Like everyone has stated, I haven't seen a fired target with any Savage rifle yet. I haven't purchased any of the target models though. Oh, Cooper's included targets are not at 100 yrds, somewhere around 40 yards (42 I think).

savageboy
10-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I just got a Special Order- 14 American Classic in .250 Savage (Sweet rifle by the way) It included a 3 shot test target shot at 100yds. It was .7"- 2 close together than 1 opening it up.

82boy
10-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Savage only test fires guns from their custom shop, or guns that have come back for repair. They have a 100 yard range, that is inside a tunnel. From what I have been told it is on the second floor, and the do test firing on 2nd shift. The firing makes a lot of noise. The gun is strapped into a vise, with a 4 power scope, and fired at a target. The fire at many targets until they get one they like. They are 3 shot targets usually around .6. They cut the target out and staple it to paper work with ammo specks, date and other information.

This is what a target looks like.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/82boy/12benchresttarget.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/82boy/scan0001-1.jpg

7mmstw
11-07-2009, 12:34 AM
When I sold firearms for a living a customer purchased a .308 that had accuracy problems. It was sent for Savage to check out. Upon it's return from Savage in the box was a test TGT with a 5 shot group not a 3 like the other mfrs do. Now to my that says volumes for Savage.
As one that is an accuracy nut I was impressed and my customer went away very very happy! :)