PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for after market stock

captainjoe
05-03-2011, 06:44 AM
I am on the hunt for a stock to fit to a Savage 116. My current preference is a Monte Carlo or similar huntning type stock in a grey laminate. Any suggestions?

GaCop
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Have you checked Boyd's web site? He may just have what your looking for.

captainjoe
05-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Have you checked Boyd's web site? He may just have what your looking for.

On my way. Thanks!

TonyBen
05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
After my own research, I will be getting a Bell & Carlson stock. One that resembles a monte carlo style.

Bad Water Bill
05-04-2011, 05:10 AM
Also check a couple of the folks that actually pay to keep this site going, like Stockey and SSS. They DO put their money where their mouth is.

rjtfroggy
05-04-2011, 06:28 AM
BWB check the sponsors page and you will see that Boyd's does what you say and SSS does not.

ellobo
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Ditto on Boyds. They have a nice new Monte Carlo style stock for Savages. Make sure they have one with the proper magazine setup on your rifle with the right bolt spacing. If you want checkering they will do that for an extra $50. These stocks run just around $100. That stock is my next addition to my 110 in 7x57 and large ring mauser. I have used several Boyds stocks and am very happy with them.

El Lobo

Bad Water Bill
05-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Ditto on Boyds. They have a nice new Monte Carlo style stock for Savages. Make sure they have one with the proper magazine setup on your rifle with the right bolt spacing. If you want checkering they will do that for an extra $50. These stocks run just around $100. That stock is my next addition to my 110 in 7x57 and large ring mauser. I have used several Boyds stocks and am very happy with them.

El Lobo

Hadn't noticed that. Fred probably got tired of supporting the site, being a moderator, writing informative articles, and answering all kinds of questions only to be bashed by so many who want everything for free. We are lucky that he hasn't just walked away.

Thanks for being here Fred.