PDA

View Full Version : Auccstock wedge ?

snowin
05-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I had talked with Savage customer service today and I was told the wedge was discontinued because to many people tightened them to tight and the wedge broke. He also said it doesnt affect accuracy with or without it, if that was the case why did they have it to start with? Anyone know if this is the real reason? I have worked in the service department and sometimes what you are told is not quite how it is never admit to anything. Just wondering I have them every way they came, center feed before accustock, accustock wedge and accustock non wedge. They all are extremely accurate.

jmmec
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
You got more info than I got when I called Customer Service a few weeks ago -- the lady that I spoke with just said that "designs change" and that they "changed the design". My rifle has the wedge, and it seems to be very accurate.

Damon
05-02-2011, 02:52 PM
i dont know why they changed,but justthe slightest adjustemen to the wedge in 110 ba makes a huge difference.

nomosendero
05-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Snowin asked a very relevant question & it bothers me. Savage put in the wedge because they thought it was an advantage, otherwise we would have never heard of a wedge. Now they just remove it & say nevermind. Just my opinion, but I would figure the wedge gave a slight edge IF it the stock was torqued a certain way & done the same way each time it was removed. Sav. saw that this utopia world did not exist & removed the wedge. Which would mean the Accustock in the present form is not optimum.
This makes me just want to build an old Sav & forget the new ones.