PDA

View Full Version : 116 bolt head catches

snowin
05-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Just bought a new model 116 when opening the bolt the locking lug catches the receiver sometimes not letting it fully open a small wiggle and its ok. I see the edge of the lug catching the action anyone else seen this. When working the bolt for a quick 2nd shot it does it every time it wont let the bolt back to catch the next round.

Blue Avenger
05-01-2011, 10:12 AM
back the screw out of the stock a turn. it may be to long.

snowin
05-01-2011, 01:28 PM
The screw is fine it looks like the locking lug doesnt match up with the sliding lug. It is only the last 1/2 inch right where the rotating lug starts and it catches the action if I turn the bolt a hair I can see it let go of the receiver and it opens all the way. If it were just a hair tighter it would keep it straight and it wouldnt catch or the right upper side is a hair to thick if I hold slight pressure on the bolt to the right it works every time the rotating lug is whats catching on the rear of the receiver. The stationary lug slips through then the rotating one catches. Maybe the rotating lug rotates a little to far to keep it lined up with the stationary one it is a very small amount its off but enough so it doesnt work properly. Might just have to send it back to be repaired. Oh well sounds like a good excuse to buy a new model 16 just to hold me over.

Thanks for the advice on checking the screw.

jmmec
05-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I picked up a 116 (in .30-06) about a month ago, but it was manufactured about 1.5 years ago, and I noticed it doing the same thing when I first got it out of the box. I've only put about 20 rounds through it, but I don't remember it happening during those shots. I need to shoot it more to see if it is a persistent problem.