PDA

View Full Version : Fed 210 Match Primers

kdvarmint
04-30-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm trying Federal match primers. I was using regular #210s. Should the match 210s be pretty much the same except for consistency or Can I expect to see changes in velocity.

GaCop
05-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't think you'll see any change in velocity. If case prep remains the same, bullet seating the same with same bullet weight and powder/charge, you could see a slight improvement in groups but that's not written in stone. Velocities will vary from day to day because of atmospheric conditions/humidity/temp so I wouldn't use that as a yard stick.

kdvarmint
05-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Pretty much what I was thinking. Just trying to get more consistancy. Going to a shoot next weekend and was afriad to change anything without range time to be sure. Still won't load any different till after. Not really expecting any real improvement, but it would be a welcome suprise.

CWPINST
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I called Federal about this several years ago. Basically the 210-M primers are the ones that fit in a very tight tolerance "window". The regular 210's are the ones that fall outside the window. They are not defects. They just don't fall in the center of the spec. bell curve. The folks at Federal told me that they strive to make all their primers "M"'s but they know many will be slightly out of the tight spec. The 210-M's are basically the cherry picked ones. Most shooters will never see a difference.

kdvarmint
05-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info CWPINST. That's kinda what I suspected.
kd.