PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to disassemble the bolt of a 110 to replace/install the ejector?

gitano
10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Is it even necessary to remove the bolt head?

Seeing some disassembly videos, I could imagine not even having to remove the head let alone disassemble the bolt altogether. Can I simply drift the retaining pin out while the bolt is still fully assembled?

Thanks,
Paul

BillPa
10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
No, you don't have to disassemble the bolt. Do it the same as I've shown here. http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,10681.0.html

Bill

gitano
10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you, Bill. I actually saw your tutorial earlier, and it was it that lead me to beleive I didn't need to do any bolt disassembly.

That said, I hate to appear 'thick', but at that risk, let me make certain that I don't need to perform ANY bolt break-down in order to replace/install the ejector. Right? Simply follow your instructions as if the head was removed. Right?

Thank you again,
Paul

Eric in NC
10-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Thank you, Bill. I actually saw your tutorial earlier, and it was it that lead me to beleive I didn't need to do any bolt disassembly.

That said, I hate to appear 'thick', but at that risk, let me make certain that I don't need to perform ANY bolt break-down in order to replace/install the ejector. Right? Simply follow your instructions as if the head was removed. Right?

Thank you again,
Paul

Yep - just be sure of support etc. when you go tapping on the ejector pin on an assembled bolt (the head can spin around etc.). Padded vise is best if you do it with a complete bolt.

gitano
10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks, Eric and Bill.

I followed your instructions, and what was a 7mm Rem Mag is now a .338 Federal. Tomorrow it may be a .358 Win. Too easy.

Thanks a bunch.

Paul