PDA

View Full Version : forend picatinny rail for stevens 200 choate tactical stock

308shooter
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
I have not bought the stock yet so if anyone knows of a stock that fits the bill let me know. I have a stevens 200sa in 308. I am looking at buying the choate tactical stock for it. I mostly use the rifle for night hunts, so I use the xlr 250 mounted on top of my scope on a burris ring with picatinny mount on top. I do not like this set up because it is too heavy, and it gives me more things to hit and throw the scope off, everyone knows I don't need that. So my question is can I buy or mount a picatinny rail underneath the forend in front of the bi pod without affecting the accuracy? If not does anyone know any other options?

showgun
04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
I think that choate stock might be up your alley because it has the anschutz style accessory rail. I'm sure you (or someone else) could fab a picatinny rail for the anschutz rail (they might be in production somewhere, not sure). That would allow you to attach/detach your headlight as the "situation" dictates. I have a choate tactical and it is very sturdy. I dont think hanging a large light off the front will effect your accuracy with the spacious free floating the stock allows.

EDIT: Did some searching for you.... not a very popular item but here is one site I found, spendy but you get the drift.
http://www.survivalarms.com.au/component/page,shop.product_details/category_id,69/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,766/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,29/vmcchk,1/

I'm sure someone here will give some more insight!

308shooter
04-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Lotsa good info here. Thanks a lot.