PDA

View Full Version : Help with .35 Remington Conversion

terrier
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
The donor rifle is in 1993 Savage 110 which was originally a .30-06 and I already have the stock and barrel to go with it. What do I need to do to make this a repeater. I vaguely remember something about a different front baffle to shorten the bolt throw. Does the magazine box need to have a filler in the back and the follower shortened or should it work as is. This is going to be primarily a cast bullet shooter to be shot off the bench with a single shot follower installed. Having it be a functioning repeater would be icing on the cake.
Thanks,
Terrier

bootsmcguire
04-26-2011, 11:38 PM
If you are going to use a follower and you decide you need a shorter bolt throw you could take out the 30-06 front baffle and replace it with a 223 front baffle. I would just go as is, but the 223 baffle will shorten your throw if you like.

If you are going to run your mag boz as a repeater I would just go as is and see how it works for ya. I would think it would be ok, but I have never done a 35 rem and each build presents its own set of challenges. Have fun with it ;)

villarreal
04-27-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking about that same case, I've a loaded round in my packet, the reason is that it works in an old benchrest action with a PPC bolt face only, the way the extractor is in the bolt face I can't open it to BR size, the 35 Rem is a lot longer than the PPC case, so it holds more powder and if I can neck it down to 22 and ................

G.