PDA

View Full Version : range finder for pdogs

20-tac
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
First i know pdog;s are very small as far as ranging at long distance but do you guy;s have any range finder that work;s good for this.What we do now is go out to 800 to 1100 yards and range the vehicle, this works but time consuming thanks 20 tac 8) 8) 8)

epmn
04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I use the Swarovski 8x30 range finder. While it won't pick out a pdog at a long distance I have found it able to pick up the mounds or a small bush way out there, with way there being in the 700-900 yard range. I usually try to get a couple of readings on the object and see if there is agreement on the readings. I have found the method to be reasonably accurate. It does require something to help steady the user since the circle in the range finder is pretty big.

epmn

rez187
05-02-2011, 04:37 AM
the swarovski and leica rate the some of the best for distance ranging. they are expensive and thus i use a leupold. i try to range larger items in the area then i will "mil" items also and usually get a good solution. im afraid if you want a rangefinder though the only answer is buy the top end swarov or leica or check out the new one from best of the west show ie the huskema scopes etc. i hear their new one will range past 1000 accurately and consistently but its well over 1000. if you have no budget try mil dot scopes and ranging not the best for small animals but that with my low end ranger it works for me. all that being said shoot ethically i would not guesstimate on larger animals wounding larger animals makes us all look bad.