PDA

View Full Version : stevens 25-06

godale
04-22-2011, 08:08 PM
was wondering if antbody has experience with the stevens 200 25-06? i saw one on a used gun rack for 179.00 and am very tempted

bootsmcguire
04-22-2011, 08:34 PM
All I can say is BUY IT! Stevens are made with all the same quality as the Savage line in regaurds to the barrels and actions. That gun is basically a non-accutrigger Savage in a cheapo plastic stock.

Actions ussually go for $200 and up so if you don't like sell it all here in the classifeds and get your investment back, or pull the barrel and build what you want since the action is the same. I have two Savages now built off of the Stevens 200 Actions and they are every bit as good as all of my others.

godale
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
i think i am going back monday and buy it. it can go with my 114 30-06 and my 93 17cal i have just never been a fan of the stocks but that is easy fix

big honkin jeep
04-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I bought one over a decade ago and tuned it up for my son. He absolutely loves it and so do I. I often found myself grabbing his rifle if he didn't want to hunt leaving my 116flcsak parked in the safe. I wound up breaking down and buying my own 25-06. Just remember there is no cure for quarter bore disease. ;D
BHJ

Tnslim
04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I shot my Stevens 25-06 for the first time yesterday and am very impressed. I reworked the stock trigger by replacing the wire with the thinner wire and polished the sear a bit and now have a very nice trigger. I loaded some 75 gr bullets with varget just for breakin and the darn thing shot under an inch for most groups. I also did the Ultra Bore Coat on the barrel and also very impressed with this product also. On a new, unfired barrel after ten shots it cleaned up spotless with around 8 patches, no brushing. A Limbsaver recoil pad has been ordered. A also freefloated the barrel which was barely touching at the foreend.