PDA

View Full Version : first match of season tomorrow 4/23/11

rjtfroggy
04-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Well tomorrow starts our club matches and I will be there for the first shoot. Weather is going to be terrible rain with 15 mph or more winds.
I am going to shoot semi custom with the 30 br I built last year. Tomorrows match is 100 yard for score.
I wanted to shoot the Varmint Hunter class but my 4 week in stock barrel ordered in mid January is still not here and I can't get through on phone or by email to find out what is going on.I was going to use the 30 br for 200 yard matches and the 250 savage for 100 yard because of the 6x scope limit. Looks like next week I will be swapping scopes on my 260 and sighting in for 200 because the next match is in two weeks and I don't want to change any of my other rifles around.
Anyone interested in shooting these matches they are located in Southington Ct,at Bell City Rifle Club. The cost is $20 and includes lunch and usually coffee and donuts for early arrivals.Directions can be found at www.bellcityrifleclub.com

range rat
04-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Sounds like good fun to me. Our clubs 300 yard prone match was last weekend. Winds were gusting to 45mph with a temp of 40*. It was cold!!. I ended up in first place shooting a 195 10x and a 199 11x. Each string was 20 shots in 20 minutes with a perfect score being 200 for each string. Surprisingly we had a full line even with the stormy weather. My 8 twist .223 Rem McGowen was shooting Sierra 77gr HPBT like a laser ;D. The weather got so bad we canceled the 3 position match that followed.

Here's my Remington killer.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/455mjd/001-72.jpg

82boy
04-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Give us a scheduel and we will sticky this topic.

rjtfroggy
04-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Weather conditions were horrible,steady downpour with gusty winds and temp. right around 50.
I shot my best so far scoring 233/9x.I still need to do some shooting with this particular rifle seeing as how I just got it shooting the other day and I am fairly new to this shoot for score discipline.I am the only one shooting a self built Savage with most others shooting rifles built by Jim Meyers.
There were shooters from as far away as Maine and Vermont,with the rest of us club members or local shooters.Most all of these guys shoot winter leagues,some shooting every week or more.
Next match is a 200 yard and I will be shooting my 260rem so I will be at the range a couple of times in the next 2 weeks sighting it in for 200 and getting used to that distance. Hopefully I will do a little better.I will register as semi custom next time instead of VH to stay more in my class.
Even though I was wet and soggy from changing targets it was a good day out, and nice to see the guys I met last year at these shoots.

range rat
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Saying happy new year to my Buds at the first shoot is always a good time. Glad to hear you shot a personal best. One couldn't ask for more. Once you get your rifle finished, shoot it and shoot it often. Like they say, Beware of a man who shoots one rifle ;). Good luck at your next shoot. I have to break out the AR for this weekends NRA National Match. I have no chance for bragging rights because we have a national champ on the line. It's amazing what some can do with battle sights!