PDA

View Full Version : Dogtracker is on the way.

204shooter
04-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Just wanted to throw this up and let you guys know that my name is on the list at SSS. Called all day thursday and all day friday trying to get ahold of them, first try today, jackpot. Not sure who I spoke with, but she was a very nice person, quite talkative. Both of us being Ohio residents we found a few things to chat about, namely the crappy weather.

At any rate the stock is a dogtracker, black/black/purple. Lead time approx. 10 weeks.

Barrel is next and Jim is supposed to call me sometime today, as I left a message for him last week but he was away on business.

AK

GaCop
04-21-2011, 06:59 AM
That was Lisa you spoke with, she handles the phone orders and shipping for hubby, Fred.

jonbearman
04-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Let us know how long it really takes to get it,meaning did you get it early or way late.I understand that they are very busy right now.

204shooter
04-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Let us know how long it really takes to get it,meaning did you get it early or way late.I understand that they are very busy right now.

Will do.

ICUDIEN
05-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath on the 10 weeks. ;)

Firefighter
05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I have been holding my breath for 8 months so far,,,un-real!!!!!!!!!

204shooter
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM

8 MONTHS :o :o

I sure as he11 hope it doesn't take that long. We'll see

nhm16
05-04-2011, 09:22 PM

8 MONTHS :o :o

I sure as he11 hope it doesn't take that long. We'll see

I have 2 LVTs. I had both bedded to my actions by SSS.

The first one, incidental to a time&true of my action, was ordered in late July 2009, promised ready for mid/late October. Didn't even the call to send in my action until that time, and the whole caboodle arrived mid-December. About six weeks late. Reasonable and understandable for a small business, even if they could be a little more realistic about promised lead time.

I liked it so much I ordered another one in late January 2010. The same 8 week promise. I didn't get the call to send in my barreled action until July, and didn't get my new stock back until late August.

Money up front both times. As everyone knows, only one phone line for voice and fax, perpetually busy.

Compare that to Manners Stocks... I ordered their just introduced MCS-T5A, again in late January 2010, and got it before the end of March. Communications and status was excellent, not charged until shipped.

That said, I really like my stocks, their workmanship and fit and finish are excellent, and the prices were reasonable, but I can't deal with that anymore.

Dennis
05-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I finally recieved my stock, to say the least, IT'S FINE

I can't wait to finish the product.

204shooter
05-14-2011, 04:35 PM

Which model did you get? How long of a wait? I've got about 7 more weeks IF it's on time. Do you mind throwin' up a few pics, we can side track this thread a little.

Russ
05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I ordered a model 12 action, timed and trued, Brux barrel in 6.5 x 47 L with a Dogtracker stock in October of 09 and received it in March of 2010. Long wait but well worth it. You are going to really like the stock.

Dennis
05-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Which model did you get? How long of a wait? I've got about 7 more weeks IF it's on time. Do you mind throwin' up a few pics, we can side track this thread a little.

Mine was a Heavy Bench rest for a Savage Target Action. This one only took about 8 weeks, but I have a LVT that has been on order longer than this one! I will try to post pictures later.

rbeckwith
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Ordered my HBR Natural/Natural/Brown in February and was told 12-16 weeks...but closer to 12 is where they were currently running after some concerted effort in speeding up the turnaround time on stocks. We are going in to week 14 and I cannot get an email response with any idea of when my stock will be shipped and can never get anyone on the phone.

I am not complaining as I know that will not help the waiting game, but I just need to know when to expect it since we are getting in to the good weather and the matches at my local range have already started.

Honestly, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expecting it in 10 weeks...

rbeckwith
06-13-2011, 05:56 PM
I was able to get through on the phone today to Sharp Shooter Supply to find out when to expect my stock. I ordered in Feb and was told that 12-16 weeks was my expected wait time. This Wednesday will be the end of week 16 and when I spoke with her today she said that there were 23 stock orders in front of mine.

I know that these things take time, and they are WELL worth the wait...but I am just beside myself with anticipation to get this stock.

Dennis
06-13-2011, 08:59 PM
I spoke with her today she said that there were 23 stock orders in front of mine.

Hmmmm, I was told the same thing!