PDA

View Full Version : savage 110 add recoil lug toss locknut

scottw9120
04-16-2011, 05:00 PM
is it a simple process to re barrel a 110 just purchase the remington style recoil lug that midway sales. also will the stock require much modification. would like to rebarrel with heavier that savage bull barrel.

bootsmcguire
04-16-2011, 05:44 PM
yeah if you are going to a remington style barrel you should be able to still use the Savage Lug. I would get one of the aftermarket ground lugs. Northland Shooting Supplies has a really nice one, so far I have two and will be getting more as needed.

I am assuming that you are aware that Remington and Savage Barrels have different threads, and that you are interested in have a savage barrel done in the Remington Style with a shoulder rather than a Barrel nut.

pdog06
04-16-2011, 07:00 PM
no, it isnt just a simple rebarrel. What you need done would need to be done by a gunsmith.

scottw9120
04-16-2011, 08:41 PM
yes, same fashion as rem set up, wanted to go with heavier barrel than savage bull barrel. Didn't know if the smith has to pin lug to receiver or not. And if lug recess in stock may change or not

Blue Avenger
04-16-2011, 08:55 PM
don't need to pin if you get one that is already. some of the replacement luges are deeper, as mentioned above it would depend what stock you are using. most will accept a longer thicker lug with out work.