PDA

View Full Version : Called bushnell today to ask if their holosight could handle a 44 magnum recoil

tammons
04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Interesting tid bit.

They told me all their scopes were tested with 1000 rounds of 375 supershock ammo.

trappst
04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
I've had one on a Ruger Super Redhawk 454 for a couple years now. No problems at all!!

canonmanmart
04-15-2011, 12:15 PM
I had one mounted on an AR years ago and had nothing but problems. Even when turning it off after shooting, batteries would deplete. Also had problem with dot disappearing after each shot then slowly reappearing. I noticed that Bushnell no longer advertises or carries them in their catalog???

tammons
04-15-2011, 12:36 PM
If I go ahead with it I will probably use a Burris fast fire.

helotaxi
04-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I had one mounted on an AR years ago and had nothing but problems. Even when turning it off after shooting, batteries would deplete. Also had problem with dot disappearing after each shot then slowly reappearing. I noticed that Bushnell no longer advertises or carries them in their catalog???

The EOTech that the Bushnell holosight is based on had the same problem until they changed the design to a transverse mount so the recoil didn't mess with the battery contacts. Inertia really sucks sometimes.