PDA

View Full Version : original 110 stock

daveb
10-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I need to shorten this approx 1"This is 1 of the original Fiberglass[plastic??]stocks. Can anyone tell me if cutting this off will create a problem?? ??? Besides it will be shorter ;D
Will the stock be ruined ?? How much can I take off before I get in trouble ???

daveb

Blue Avenger
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
cut what you want off and glue some wood into the hollow cavity so you have something to screw the replacement pad to.

Woodser
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
The length of pull (measurement between end of recoil pad and trigger) can be critical for accuracy and comfort. Only cut the stock if you have to crane your
head forward to get a full sight picture in the scope. Cut as much as is required to get the sight picture without craning the neck. You might want to add some weight (I use flat "river" type fishing sinkers screwed into the wood) to the inside of the wood block suggested by Avenger to regain rifle balance. Measure the balance point before cutting the stock, then add weight to regain that balance point. Might not take much.

daveb
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I have to pull it excessively tight and crane to get eye relief on the scope. I've never lost a shot but it would make the rifle easier to use. ;D

It's tough when ya get old.HA!! ;D

I think that answers the question ,too close to deer season to start cutting now...

daveb

ctrout
10-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I cut a factory tupperware stock and the only problem I ran into was the screws holding the recoil pad on intersected with the sling swivel stud.

daveb
10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I was hoping for a response like that ;D I can't afford to replace the stock right now .How much did you take off??
Thanks
daveb