PDA

View Full Version : would this stock fit my rifle?

noah29
04-08-2011, 11:31 PM
would this stock fit my Savage 11fcns .270 wsm? thanks.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=161586

bootsmcguire
04-09-2011, 12:34 AM
The stock you selected is setup for a SF Mag Action (4.27" Screw Spacing). Is your gun a Staggered Feed or a Center Feed Model???

Either way I believe B&C is offering that stock in a CF setup now (4.40" Screw Spacing) but I may be wrong. So which ever you have you should be able to get a stock.

noah29
04-09-2011, 02:33 AM
The stock you selected is setup for a SF Mag Action (4.27" Screw Spacing). Is your gun a Staggered Feed or a Center Feed Model???

Either way I believe B&C is offering that stock in a CF setup now (4.40" Screw Spacing) but I may be wrong. So which ever you have you should be able to get a stock.

so i googled what staggered feed and center feed ment instead of asking, my gun has a detachable mag and it is a center feed. i asssume that the "screw spacing" is exacly that.. screw space from one screw to the other? should i just measure the distance? please excuse my ignorance, im learning as i go. this is the rifle that i own, http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11FCNS/

pdog06
04-09-2011, 08:26 AM
yup. just measure the distance between them. If it is 4.400" then you have a centerfeed.

They do offer that stock in both configurations too. Model 2999 is a staggerfeed and model 2997 is a centerfeed.
* be advised that this stock has a varmint barrel channel, so your barrel will have a gap down each side.
* also, this stock only comes for a blind mag setup, so you'd have to have a gunsmith inlet the stock to fit your DBM to it.
You could change it to a blind mag with just a magbox/follower swap though if need be.

Stocky's gunstocks and Shooters Discount are a couple other places who also sell them. I usually find them cheapest at either of those.

noah29
04-10-2011, 02:16 AM
yup. just measure the distance between them. If it is 4.400" then you have a centerfeed.

They do offer that stock in both configurations too. Model 2999 is a staggerfeed and model 2997 is a centerfeed.
* be advised that this stock has a varmint barrel channel, so your barrel will have a gap down each side.
* also, this stock only comes for a blind mag setup, so you'd have to have a gunsmith inlet the stock to fit your DBM to it.
You could change it to a blind mag with just a magbox/follower swap though if need be.

Stocky's gunstocks and Shooters Discount are a couple other places who also sell them. I usually find them cheapest at either of those.

thanks, yes it is 4.4000. so then i would need a stock with removable clip opening and not with a varmint barrel channel, correct?
im guessing this one? http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=761001

pdog06
04-10-2011, 07:52 AM
that one has the dbm inletting, but also has a varmint contour barrel channel.

noah29
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
that one has the dbm inletting, but also has a varmint contour barrel channel.

what is dbm inletting?

pdog06
04-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Detachable Box Magazine.

noah29
04-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Detachable Box Magazine.

oh ok lol, sorry, again i am learning all this as i go since this is my first rifle build. as far as barrel size would a heavy varmint barrel fit with this stock? im planning on changing my barrel also. i emailed sinarms last night for a quote on a Heavy Varmint flutted barrel with a 1-10 twist rate.

bootsmcguire
04-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Definatly should as those stocks are made with a varmint channel. If it is a little tight then you can always sand just a tad on the channel.

Sinman is great to deal with. I have a barrel thats going to be making its way up to him for threading and a brake here soon.

nuclabuyer
04-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree with you Sin Man is the man. He has chamered me a 260, threaded me a 6mm Dasher, he is currently making me a 300 whisper barrel for my ar and I also have a barrel blank I am going to have him chamber in 338 edge next month..

noah29
04-11-2011, 12:15 AM
ok thanks again everyone. i am just waiting for his email so i could order everything at the same time. also i currently have a Swift premier series 6-18x44 (older version) but i am currently looking for something for longer range. i was looking at vortex crossfire 8-32x50, would you consider this scope to be an upgrade? or should i stick with my Swift?

bootsmcguire
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I would say the Vortex may be the ticket. I tend to go with more magnification than less when it comes to my longer range stuff. Nothing wrong with the Swift though if that power range works for you. I have a Swift 4-12x40 that came on a used gun and I love it. Has been on several of my hunting rigs and has done admirably on all of them. Wish I had another with a little more power.

noah29
04-11-2011, 12:48 AM
would the x50 scope fit with EGW 1-Piece Picatinny-Style 20 MOA Elevated Base and Burris Xtreme tactical picatinny mediums?lows?highs?