PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93r17

svman
04-08-2011, 09:48 PM
hey this my first post and let me say the savage shooters is awesome but anyway

what kind of groups should i expect from this rifle at 100 yards

MaDa
04-10-2011, 08:11 PM
alot of the .17hmr ammo shoots extremely well, alot of people are under the conclusion that it is all manufactured in one plant according to a member on this website. I believe it just because of how consistent it shoots(I was able to achieve very similar groups from 3 different 17gr bullets. when i shot 20 gr i did have to re-sight a very small amount).

i would say expect 1 m.o.a. or 1" @ 100 yds if you do your part and there are no flukes. some shoot better, some shoot worse. still should be a ton of fun either way. Goodluck
MaDa

helotaxi
04-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Find the bullet weight and type that it likes and you will be the limiting factor.

nogginbuster
04-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Having to learn to shoot left handed due to injuries, I got a 93r17 and after sight in ( 8 rounds) it shot 10 rounds you can cover with a quarter. I am very pleased. When I get used to the left handed thing I believe I'll get even better groups. Was using CCi 20 gr. fmj.,got some Horady 17 gr. V-Max to try next. Have fun, I love this gun. ;D

rocus
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I just got a 93r17 last week and am very pleased with how well it shoots especially considering how much I paid for it. Dick's sports had a sale with a scope for $239. I went to the range today and did ok, after I got there I realized I had left my rest at home >:(

I set up at 100 yards and guess I didn't do to bad, I am anything but steady. I had a 10 rounds into a 2" group out of which 8 were in a 1 1/2" group. I consider this pretty good given the size of the grouping in relation to the size of varmints that I will be hunting.

I'm planning a return trip to the range tomorrow with the rest this time, and a few types of ammo to see what I can get out of her.

bubbinator
05-09-2011, 01:22 AM
I got my 93R17 HB Thunbhole stock @ Dick's too-$299. I swapped the scope for a Cabela's Caliber Specif unit that was on sale and find it much better than the issue scope-very clear images. Rifle likes 20gr CCI Gamepoints best-10rds under a quarter @ 100 yds off a truck hood on a sandbag! The round itself is much more fatal on possums and such I find nosing around my chicken pens.