PDA

View Full Version : PacNor Barrels

Bryan m
04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Who sells prefit PacNor Barrels? I see on their website they prefit these for Savage actions but not sure if you have to buy straight from them or if there are other vendors.

Samdweezel05
04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
As far as I know you can only buy a Pac-Nor from Pac-Nor. They don't have any distributors.

drybean
04-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I am sure you have to order from them
drybean

Bryan m
04-06-2011, 09:29 PM
OK thanks. Do you guys have any idea how these compare accuracy wise with the Shilens?

Terry Balding
04-06-2011, 09:36 PM
OK thanks. Do you guys have any idea how these compare accuracy wise with the Shilens?

I have a Shilen in 6BR and a Pac-Nor in 6.5X47 Lapua.
Both are great.

Terry

drybean
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
i have had both & no problem
a prefit from northland you may have in a week or so (shilen bbls)
drybean

trappst
04-06-2011, 11:13 PM
In my limited experience (I don't compete or anything), I would have to give Pac-Nor a slight edge. Nothing against a Shilen barrel....every one I've had shot great.

Check the Pac-Nor website often. They have a ready to ship section that may just have what you're looking for. At times, they will even run sales on their ready to ship barrels.

If you're looking for someone with lots of time behind a Pac-Nor, talk with Armed in Utah!

Bryan m
04-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey thanks for the info guys. I called around a lot today and even talked to someone at PacNor. PacNor definatetly sounded nice but everything was built as ordered and had a pretty long turnaround time. I started looking more toward the pre fits and found a 26" Criterion Varmint in the 6.5x284 that I was looking for. Jim at NSS had it in stock and spoke very high of them. Anyway, figured I would give it a try and atleast it was available now. Thanks again.

bootsmcguire
04-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Those Criterion (CBI) barrels from Jim have been getting a lot of good reviews from purchasers here. I got one here just a couple weeks ago in 6BR. It looks great, looks very well made. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, the rain here and a honey do list from the little lady have kept me from getting to the range.

Armed in Utah
04-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Penny @ Pac Nor is on my speed dial.........

I've built a pile of tubes with them for myself & others.....

No experience with Shilen...only have heard of excessive throat length

Pac Nor will build you the tube you want with the throat you want...

From my experience they build a very high quality pre fit Savage bbl...

Yes...its worth the wait.......

Penny....has my 6.5x55 shipped yet ?

;D

ammowaster
04-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Penny is a sweetheart for sure. ;D

Samdweezel05
04-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I talk to Amy to order and talk to Penny to change my mind, lol.

Eric in NC
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
When I was looking to build my 375-06AI I talked to Pac-Nor. Gentleman I spoke with (can't recall his name) said he loved his and it was his "garage bear gun". When I asked, he said he had used one to kill a bear that was raiding the freezer in his garage. Of course that sold me - the first of many fine Pac-Nor tubes I have bought.

Armed in Utah
01-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I talk to Amy to order and talk to Penny to change my mind, lol.

Penny does not like order changes..................

Amy sounds 'cute'............

;D

yes Pac Nor pre fits are 10-12 weeks wait...

but worth the wait for sure...8 weeks and waiting for my 9 twist 20 BR.......