PDA

View Full Version : 10ML/10ML-II: ML-II problem... looking for a answer....

daniel brothers
04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
I bought this rifle from a pawn shop, and it looks brand new.. but after getting it home... I realized that it would fire while being on safety... so... I sent it back to Savage... they fixed the safety... said it was a mechanical faliure.... but now they say that the gun is unsafe because they said someone filed down the inside of the receiver's bolt slot, so that now the bolt does not stay locked down.

Question....

why would anyone file down the receiver's bolt slot....?

Can this slot wear from regular use...?

Is it dangerous to shoot....?

Can it be fixed...?

Any other thoughts...?

PS.. it's still in Savage's hands right now... they are getting ready to send it back..

NSB
04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
[

daniel brothers
04-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I thought someone would have an answer.... where is everyone...?

esmd
04-06-2011, 10:43 PM
This is beyond the level of my expertise, but you might try this site, lots of smart guys who know the ins and outs of this gun:

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=smokeless

ourway77
04-13-2011, 08:46 AM
You might want to contact Mr. Wakeman he may know. I have no idea why anyone would do such a thing? Lou

daniel brothers
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
i had to go to Doug's message board to get some answers.... seems like very few are watching this forum... thanks...Dan

bootsmcguire
04-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I've been watching but have no idea why someone would do that. The one thing I do know is that when looking at and buying used guns (or cars, or any other piece of machinery) is the old saying "Buyer Beware" definatly applies.

cfvickers
04-21-2011, 07:07 PM
I've been watching but have no idea why someone would do that. The one thing I do know is that when looking at and buying used guns (or cars, or any other piece of machinery) is the old saying "Buyer Beware" definatly applies.

Very true. I am terrified of used muzzle loaders. Not so much of a used 10ML or II but I will not even look at a used blackpowder gun. too much you can't see without tearing it down.

muzzler
04-24-2011, 06:30 AM
It would seem that some dumb idiot thought he could file it down so the bolt would slide out without removing the screw.....hummmm