PDA

View Full Version : new factory DBM system coming...

memilanuk
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Just a heads-up / teaser for those of you interested in more than a 4rd mag for your factory Savage rifles... they are hard at work on a new DBM setup that should allow up to 10rd magazines. It will officially be rolled out at the Pittsburgh NRA show. From the sounds of things, it will be simply a bottom metal change (no changing action screw hole spacing or anything like that) that should be essentially drop-in. Initial production emphasis will be on keeping up with and getting ahead of the demand for rifles, but once they get past that, the mag systems will likely be available separately for people wishing to retro-fit their existing guns.

Here's the best part: AI-pattern magazines ;)

dmack
04-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Good news, thanks for posting it...seems as if, once again, Savage is listening to the market. 8)

Balljoint
04-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Have a Choate Tactical 308 with the factory DBM, have purchased a CDI bottom metal for it haven't installed as yet now read that savage will have AI style magazine bottom metal will have to wait and see which too use.
As to the magazines, Savage uses this company mags http://www.accurate-mag.com/Home_Page.html

VjjR
04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
YES! I'm so happy I could :'(

Varget 7-08
04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice, they really are an innovative company, that's why I shoot Savage

EricCartmann
04-05-2011, 05:23 PM
too late, got my DBM from SSS. ;D

However, if these things are around $60 or less, then I will be all over it!

Maxxwell86
04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
It will officially be rolled out at the Pittsburgh NRA show.

And when might that be (for all of us Pacific North Westerners)? ;D

rjsixgun
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Where did you hear this news?

I have been thinking about useing a CETME mag and doing a conversion.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2384929

z71rat
04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
I make the G3 conversion kits, and I have been getting some great feedback from the guys that have them. Shoot me a PM if you are interested!!

DK

memilanuk
04-05-2011, 06:49 PM
It will officially be rolled out at the Pittsburgh NRA show.

And when might that be (for all of us Pacific North Westerners)? ;D

http://www.nraam.org/

Where did you hear this news?

I was looking at the threads on SH the other day and dithering back and forth as to which setup to go with. I had business I needed to call certain folks @ Savage about anyways... so I asked "Have you any plans for a larger capacity mag for the bolt guns?" and the answer was "Funny you should ask that..." ;D

FWIW, the info (and permission to make it public) came from one of their Sales & Marketing types (Bill Dermody).

rjsixgun
04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!

VjjR
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
So the show started, How long until we can see it?

sha-ul
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
So the show started, How long until we can see it?

What He said....

FlipD
01-23-2012, 07:30 PM
I have been waiting around for almost a year for this and all is still quiet. Any new news from the SHOT show? Anything on a 223 AICS mag setup?

Thanks

earl39
01-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Monte,
Did he happen to say what calibers it will be avaliable in? I know they have DBM in 7.62x39 for the accustock scout which would feed the grendel just fine so i would love to be able to get it for a centerfeed non-accustock.

Gary

memilanuk
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
AFAIK, just whatever AI mags normally come in... .308, .300WM, .338LM that sort of thing.

shaman
06-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have an update on this? I know it's old, but it's exactly what I want.

BoilerUP
06-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Probably the Accurate-Mag DBM system?

memilanuk
06-18-2012, 09:18 AM
So far its only available from the factory on one rifle that I know of... one of the 10 FCP models. Has the newer style digi-camo AccuStock with the 'beaver tail' fore-end, 24" barrel, etc. Nice enough gun, but IMHO kind of odd putting a top-shelf magazine system on that gun and not on the 10FCP models with McMillan and HS Precision stocks...

The good news is that you can buy the same factory bottom metal from either Accurate Mag or CDI Precision and it is pretty much 'drop-in'. I bought a set to go on my 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor (HS Precision stock) to replace the 4rd factory DBM that just doesn't cut it for the local tactical/practical matches.

The bad news is that it is a 2-piece setup, and needs a different set of action screws as they are just a fuzz longer (specifically the rear one) than anything else I've seen - due mainly to the nature of the two-piece setup, where the rear of the mag well piece and the front of the trigger guard piece over lap and the bolt has to go thru both of 'em. If you have a local store that sells 1/4-28 button head screws that can be cut to fit, you may be okay. Me, I ended up calling Savage and ordering a set of stock screws for a 110FCP (also HS Precision stock, with AI bottom metal) which worked perfectly.

HTH,

Monte