PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 Centerfeed action

PawPaw
04-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi, all.

I recently found a Model 10 centerfeed action, short action, 4.4 screw spacing. According to the Savage website, it started life as a Model 11FCNS. Caliber .308 Win. I bought it as a project action, and I don't have the stock, magazine, nor trigger guard for it.

Originally, this rifle had a detachable box magazine, but I'm not particularly fond of detachable magazines on hunting rifles. Digging through the FAQs, I've found that I can probably fix this action as a blind magazine or hinged floorplate rifle. Either of those options would work well for my purposes. I know I'll need a trigger guard, stock, magazine box, follower and spring. What am I forgetting?

With the proliferation of aftermarket suppliers for this platform and the large number of folks who like to customize their rifles, I'm sure that someone out there has a barrel full of Savage stocks taken from stock rifles. How might I get in touch with that fellow?

rjtfroggy
04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Easiest way to find the parts is to pay the $12 yearly members fee and then check the classifieds.

ellobo
04-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Northland shootersupply is a sponsor on this website. Call Jim Briggs there and see what he has that you could use. Everyone on this forum that has done busines with Jim rates him very highly.
El Lobo