PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II FVT Range Report

Model5
04-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Went to the range this weekend to try out my brand new Mark II FVT.

Brought four kinds of ammo: Federal Gold Medal 719, RWS Subsonic, Remington Eley Target Rifle, and Wolf Match Target. I had others, but these four I can obtain locally, so I went with those since I can't buy ammo via mailorder (Cook County, IL) like I used to be able to do way back when.

Didn't get great results with Federal or RWS, but to be fair, I was still diddling with the elevation settings plus bucking shifting winds at 15-20MPH.

By the time I switched to Eley, the winds calmed down and I was able to get some decent groups. Not great, yet decent, so it seemed to like Eley fairly well.

But it just LOVES Wolf Match Target. Smallest group (off the bench) was just over an inch, best score for a five-round group was X-X-X-9-9.

I was shooting an A-25 target (8-inch black bull) at 100 yds. with the stock peep sights. The x-ring is 1".

That puppy shoots!

Our club is having a Mini-Palma match this Sunday, 100 yards prone with the International Mini-Palma target (5-inch black bull). That is going to be a tough one...