PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage FVSR needs the TR stock

teddy12b
04-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I recently bought a savage fv-sr 22lr. So far I love it and it's bringing back my love for the 22lr which my wallet really appreciates.

I'd like to switch out the existing factory stock with one of the Boyd's "tacticool" stocks that are found on the savage TR models. Do I need to get any additional hardware with the stock to make it work?

teddy12b
04-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Anyone?

Medic_01
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
mate i think by memory you will need a different trigger guard.
Stocky's stocks sell them,
or there is a bloke in OZ that sells them custom made, incluiding adjustable spacers of the tact-cool stocks.

check out
shooting.com.au and look in the rimfire section.

teddy12b
04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I posted the same question at ar15.com in the rimfire section and was given a Parts list to order from savage. It was very helpful. I'll probably repost it here.

txbdyguard
04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
I had purchased a TRR and then bought an FV-SR. I borrowed the stock from the TRR and the scope mount and put them on the FV-SR. I liked it so much I have ordered two more FV-SRs they show up tomorrow. Wish they cataloged this combination.

yoter
07-31-2013, 09:20 PM
You will need the following Savage Mark II or 93 Series parts:

Two long action screws
Two Trigger Guard Magazine Plate Screws
One Steel Trigger Guard
One Steel Magazine Plate

I decided to keep the factory plastic stock. Lighter, more compact and I don't mind taking it out in the field. I have the FVSR and consider it a bargain priced at about $220 new.