PDA

View Full Version : Which Model is this. Need to know.

ThorBird
04-03-2011, 05:59 PM
After all the Savages I have looked at, you would think I would know this, but can anybody identify this gun? Have a chance to buy it but would like a centerfeed, and I can't tell if this is a center or stagger feed. It is a .308, so I know it is a short action.

He is what I get from it:

It looks like an older stagger feed with detachable mag box? It doesn't have an accu-trigger so it was either a special run, or was made before the accu-trigger models. Jeweled bolt? Can't see whether the barrel has a step up to indicate a large shank? I asked him to send me a pick of the magazine, which he says detaches from the action, but has not answered yet whether he has separated the stock from the action yet? If the mag stays in the stock, then centerfeed. At least to me.

Here's a pic:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/warnerhill1455/WhatActionIsThis-1.jpg

geargrinder
04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
It has a round rear and the DBM is definitely the center feed style. The stagger feed DBM's had the side button. I'd say it was a center feed.

The only thing that throws that off is the trigger and that could have been replaced along the way.

geargrinder
04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Have him measure the distance between the action screws.

ThorBird
04-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Great idea geargrinder. I will do that.

pdog06
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Vince,
It has gotta be a centerfeed Model 16fcss(or a 12fcss if it has a varmint contour barrel). Like grinder said, the older dbm's had the release button on the right side of the stock instead of on the bottom metal.

The lack of the accutrigger means it is probably just a special run from Cabelas, Jerry's, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc.

It has the action and DBM I have been looking for for my build as well. Gimme the guys number and I'll tell you exactly what it is, just so you'll know... ;) ;D

ThorBird
04-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks Mike. You Rascal. I'll tell you this, that if I don't buy it, I'll let you know. I have to sell some stuff to pay for it.