PDA

View Full Version : Numrich semi finished stock?

droach
04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Anyone have any experience with the "semi finished" walnut
stock from Numrich. I'm looking for a lowpriced but decent
stock to practice my finishing skills and see if I can make it
turn out presentable. Or should I just look for an old factory
take off? The numrich stock is already shaped and is about $38.
Thanks!

jraney
04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
hey what will it fit if you don't mind. i am looking for a better stock for my stevens 200 is why i ask.
i also went to the numrich website and did not see any stocks, just wondering.

j

droach
04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Mine is a long action with blind mag so according to the
description on numrich it SHOULD fit. I just dont know
how far from "finished" it actually is.

Maxxwell86
04-03-2011, 09:00 PM
How much are they asking for "almost finished"? ???

Take a look over t riflestocks.com and you might be surprised at what they have to offer. I was. :D

droach
04-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Richard's looks like some good deals and info. Thanks for
the tip. rifle-stocks.com

Nor Cal Mikie
04-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Don't even consider Richard's Micro Fit if you're not planning to do some work fitting and lots of finish sanding. (I've done 6, or is it 7 so far) ???
Lots of good selections to choose from but be ready to do some work.
Know going in what you'll be getting and you won't be disappointed.

droach
04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Nor Cal, which model did you get from Richards? Do
you have a long action blind mag? Did you get the pach dcel pad?

Thanks for the feedback.

Nor Cal Mikie
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Started off with a Laminated Wildcat. Had to modify it to fit my "J" series. Just moved the front action screw hole and recoil lug recess forward about 1/4". No real problem. Took "LOTS" of sanding to get it to the finish stage.
Then I got a Tac Driver for a short action. It came blue/green and the picture on their web site showed it blue? Sold it!
Since then I've had 3 or 4 Benchrest Thumbhole stocks. All for the blind mag and short actions.
They don't know how to cut for a "left hand action". They list it but it looks like crap! Bolt release recess is on the wrong side. I had ordered a right hand thumbhole cut for a left hand action. It came all left. ::) Sold it in one day. ;)
They've gotten better on the inlet and the outer sanding. You could get one ready to finish with about an hours sanding work. Good stocks for the price and you can't beat the selection of styles.
Got another one on the way. Should be here in another week or so. If you order one, order it and forget about it. You'll be surprised when it shows up. And all of mine were ordered with the 1" recoil pad.
Got one that came wrong from what I ordered. Took 12 weeks to get here. Sent them a snail mail about the mixup. (no use trying to rip their face off over the phone) Got a replacement in 4 weeks. (and it was exactily what I had ordered in the first place ;)) Average time runs about 3 months depending on the style you order. Know going in what to expect and you won't be dissapointed. ;)

droach
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Good info, thanks. I might be too impatient...