PDA

View Full Version : Stevens

FBomb
04-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Hello. This is my first post although I have been reading this site for a long time.

My question is about the Stevens rifles. The Stevens seems to be the way to go for the people on a budget. I would like to do a budget build on one of these rifles. The problem is I cannot find one. I have seen many posts about them at Academy Sports. I do not see any Stevens rifles listed on Academy's website. I have also subscribed to their sale ads and have not seen a Stevens in them after several months.

So, where is everybody getting their Stevens rifles?

Aaron

oapstate
04-03-2011, 11:24 AM
You won't find Stevens listed in Academy's advertising. You have to go into the store and see what they have in stock.

Maxxwell86
04-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Some Wal Marts and Big 5 sporting goods have them as well. Same deal. You won't find them in the on line ads. Probably bad publicity to sell "EVIL" guns.

Varget 7-08
04-03-2011, 12:52 PM
You won't find Stevens listed in Academy's advertising. You have to go into the store and see what they have in stock.

X2, from what I hear they are going to stop selling them when the stock runs out

Big Caliber
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here...but can't you just go to your local gun hop and order one?

GUNFANATIC
04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here...but can't you just go to your local gun hop and order one?

Not for $179 + tax.

rinodods
04-04-2011, 03:58 PM
You know I've heard this rumor that Stevens is going out of production being passed around. Does anyone have any real proof they are stopping production. I haven't found any info from savage that mentions it. You can also use something like gun genie online to look up what is stocked. They will even show you a list of local FFL's they will send your rifle to as well as the final cost.

bosstom
04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I haven't heard the rumor of stopping production of Stevens, but when I bought my Stevens long action & short action back in January at Academy I was told that they were not going to sell the Stevens brand any longer. Once the current stock was sold that was it and they wouldn't be bringing anymore in.

bootsmcguire
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I know that one local gunshop here said that his distributor told him that the Stevens were getting replaced with the Axis, and another shop has told me that they have had trouble getting them. Savage seems to have dropped the numbers they were putting out on the market of the Stevens since the Edge/Axis came on the scene. Just what I heard.

Varget 7-08
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Anyone know how the Axis is doing? I have one and really like it after I replaced the trigger.

rjsixgun
04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
That's funny because I bought a stevens 3 months ago from a savage dealer....took 3 days to get one direct from savage.

You can find savage dealers right on the savage web site.

wsmitty01
04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Bud gunshop online has about the best pricing around,,,I've bought 2 and am very satisfied with the service,,,NO COMPLAINTS,,also you can find them at Gunbroker.com and Auction Arms.com