PDA

View Full Version : which bullet puller?

keeki
04-03-2011, 06:22 AM
which bullet puller works the best without damaging the bullet?

scope eye
04-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Here ya go
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:01:46 AM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi the way I unload them I feel is very safe, all you have to do is put the round in the proper shell holder in your press "remove dies" then bring the round up to where the bullet just sticks out past the threads where you screw in the dies, clamp the bullet with wire cutters or pliers I use a cable cutter hold lightly you don't need a lot of clamping pressure not to mar the bullet "two slight dimples is all you should have more than that you are clamping to hard" and bring the handle back down slowly and smoothly, a press has a lot of leverage so no brute force is needed, it doesn't take long to get the hang of it and you will be able to reuse all of the componets, I use the powder and bullets when I am fireforming my latest AI barrel. I preffer this method to they hammer bullet puller, it just doesn't seem natural to whack a loader round in a hammer and my way you can do 10 in the time you set up to do one the hammer way, and the best part no violent whacking just a smooth cycle of the press. as allways re loaders take care or in this case "unloaders"
Thanks Dean

wch
04-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Kinetics "hammer" type.

laportecharlie
04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I've tried most of them and the one I like best is the Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller. Once you get the rhythm down you can pull bullets about as fast as you can seat them. The "hammer" type are OK but they don't work well on very light bullets.
Charlie

yobuck
04-03-2011, 08:48 AM
i agree with scope eye. i use smooth jaw channel lock pliers and they usually dont marr the bullet.
i have all the other type pullers but prefer this method.
hart in nescopec pa. has a nice puller. it works like channel locks but applys pressure on all sides.
they come in 2 sizes with 4 holes in each for different bullet diameters.

thirty06
04-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I have the RCBS collett puller. Really like it. Tried the pliers methods it will deform the bullets when pulling down military and heavy crimped
bullets.

Martin
04-03-2011, 10:30 AM
06, I have a RCBS collett puller and I like it too. The hammer type makes a mess. and takes to much time.
Martin

scope eye
04-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey Yobuck thanks for the tip I will have to try them Chanel locks.
Dean

nsaqam
04-03-2011, 11:19 AM
The Hornady Cam-Lock puller is the best by quite a large margin.

GaCop
04-03-2011, 03:31 PM
+3 on the RCBS. I've been using it for more than 30 years.