PDA

View Full Version : 10FCP SA DBM

lomfs24
03-31-2011, 12:14 PM
I know this subject has been beat to death and I do apologize. I did a search and couldn't come up with an answer. I have a 10FCP with a heavy barrel. Probably in the varmint contour range. Right now has the cheap factory stock, no accustock. I am looking to get a decent stock for it. Budget range is mid 200's. I have found several that say they are inletted for SA DBM actions. However, some clearly state they do not accept the models with the bolt release in the trigger guard and others don't mention it. Guess which model I have.

Has anyone had any luck with aftermarket stocks, DBM with bolt release in the trigger guard? Or how hard is it to rework the bold release to make it work?

lomfs24
04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Anyone? Bolt release on the trigger guard?

Tch2fly
04-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Anyone? Bolt release on the trigger guard?

It is not a "drop-in" swap. I was told by someone that the Choate Tactical Stock only requires a bit of clearancing for the bottom metal but I have not done it myself.

Today I had the action out of my 10FCP-K (bolt release in guard) and for fun I tried to put that action my 12 BTCSS stock (top release) and I noticed two things ... I would need to remove some material to get the trigger guard to fit and have the release work properly additionally the recoil lug appears to a bit thicker (I know it is shorter) but I don't know what lug is on your action. I didn't measure the differences in my lugs but it was very tight fit trying to get it into the bedding I had done for the original action. I have no idea what sort of lug clearance is in the stocks.

My best guess says you could make similar mods to most of the aftermarket if you wanted to take the risk (if you have the short lug I will sell you my accustock ... my XLR arrives on Monday ;D )

lomfs24
04-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I guess I didn't know there was a difference in the length of the lugs. Mine is in the neighborhood of .37 to .39" (not very precise measurements I know) from the bottom of the action to the bottom of the lug. The lug is .20" thick. My stock kinda looks like an accustock with the wider forend but it is not. I called Savage awhile back and asked if the accu-stock would fit and all I got was a quirt "They are not available as a part yet". If you didn't want to much for your accu-stock I may be interested in it and experimenting a little. Let me know what you want for it. If you think it will fit. If not, there is not much use in trying. My screw spacing on the action is 4.40" center to center.

Rahn

nashlaw
04-13-2011, 10:36 PM
If you still have the Accustock and the original poster does not want it, I am interested.