PDA

View Full Version : Making an Ugly Rifle

Spade Cooley
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
I own three Savage Rifles, a 22 MAG Bolt Action, a 10 in line and a new varmiter with a heavy barrel. The one thing that bugs me is the bolt design on the 111. It is ugly and should be changed to something similar to the old Mod. 70 Winchester. The new cheap rifle they came up with looks like the receiver and action do not belong on the stock. It is a miss match. In my opinion it cost the same to make a pretty rifle as it does an ugly one. The metal work, design and fit is just the same so make something that looks good.

I am happy with the large bolt on my varmiter. I understand you can now make a custom order on a rifle by selecting the parts you want which is a good thing. I also like the fluted barrel.

ellobo
03-31-2011, 08:09 PM
True Spade, you can have them make a custom rifle but only with parts on hand. No special stockwork or bedding or things like that you usually associate with a custom rifle. Nothing more than you would do to upgrade your rifle with factory parts.

El Lobo

Salvo
04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I requested a 24" barrel on my .243 Winchester, and the Savage custom shop had no problem with that.