PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 specific gunsmith

mjs408
03-30-2011, 06:23 PM
I am looking to get a model 10 trued/tuned and a new barrel spun on, with a new trigger and maybe a Muzzle Break, I know Sharp Shooters Supply does there true and tune. But I have heard mixed reviews on the customer service. New barrel/action is going into an XLR Industries Evo Chassis when it all done. Who else is a savage specific smith, or at least a good smith. This is my first post, please be kind.

nuclabuyer
03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Stockade does custom work I think and there is a website http://www.savagegunsmithing.com/Accurizing_Savage_Rifles.html. Never delt with either of them but stockade is a solid choice according to the reveiws.

Cycler
03-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Sharp Shooters Supply does excellent work but take their turn-around time estimates with a large amount of salt. Don't send them a rifle you need back quickly.

mopar440
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
stockades link is www.stockadegunstocks.com/

i got my stock from them great piece they are easy work with and it was right on time

i got my action T&T by SSS i had no problems emailed and setup a time several months in advanced sent it in got back a couple months later i was not in hurry it turned out great

i got barrel form northlander it was a long long wait from shilen but it shoots great

got all small parts from brownells trigger, guard barrel nut wrench, barrel nut, reciol lug, base and headspace guage

got action wrench and scope rings from midway

scope form cameraland

this is not hobby to be in hurry with major components take time