PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor question

Pages : 1 [2]

hunter2
11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
WARNING!!! Work up all loads with the can OFF for subs!!! Find a very good gunsmith to thread the barrel, even if you have to mail it to one. Liberty Suppressors are excellent.. When you get the speed you want - they are a hoot!!! Within their range they are excellent for deer and kids don't mind shooting them. You don't know how much this is going to cost you. They are addictive!

sha-ul
11-14-2011, 07:19 PM
www.awcsystech.com (http://www.awcsystech.com)

This is the website for AWC Suppressors. They have a pretty good section on how to obtain. The first thing is finding a dealer in your area and they can guide you through it I would imagine. I wish I could get one, but stupid me I live in Iowa where we can't get them. 9 out of 50 states that don't allow and Iowa had to be one. AAARRGGGHHHH!
Minnesota is another :( would love a fat barrel 10-22

South Dakota loves them, we can even hunt with them.

Ks just changed it's laws to allow Suppressors for hunting as well.
Now if we could only reform& streamline the NFA laws& process for buying a can.
Like converting the tax stamp to an excise tax payable at the point of sale with a NICs check.

mstarling
11-26-2011, 12:33 AM
I use a 30 cal SAS Titanium Arbiter can on 6.8s in supersonic mode and 300 BLK in subsonic mode. I do not notice significant impact point change with and without the can mounted. Barrels were all threaded by a superb machinist.

I load for subs and check the stabilization of the projectile before firing over a chrono with the can. Have not chrono'd the subsonic loads without the can.

Getting ready to have the .308 Savage barrel threaded for the brake to which the suppressor mounts.

Moderators are wonderful devices!