PDA

View Full Version : I have a bolt question/sav 200 30-06

jonbearman
03-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I bought a reciever from another member and there is no problem with it.What I need to know is why the new slotted head bolt screw is so much longer than the short actions and can you do a bolt lift kit with them as well.Seeing as the screw is quite a bit longer and the end is relieved in a stepped configuration.Anyone familiar ,please let me know if you have to shorten the screw like on the short actions.

tammons
03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Thats sounds like an old style bolt.
I just went through the same thing.

There is a tube down inside the main bolt, and the old style slotted rear bolt has a section that goes
down into that tube.

The new hex screws sit on top of the tube.

The only way to get it to work with a 38 spl bolt lift kit is to machine it off or replace the slotted bolt with a hex bolt.

jonbearman
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Where can you buy the hex screws as I would like to buy a few anyhow.Brownells is pulling that crap about having an ffl to get certain parts now.All I can say is the lawyers can all go to you know where.

drybean
03-28-2011, 06:26 PM
i just bought 2 bolt action screws & a cocking sleve from Brownells
no problem,received them in 3 days
drybean

jonbearman
03-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Now isnt that a hoot as they really aggravated me the last time I ordered so I went to the parent company and got just what I needed at the time(midway).

tammons
03-28-2011, 07:08 PM
If you dont want to mill off the flat bolt screw, there is a bronze thrust washer from ace that is within about 3-5 thou of the correct thickness.
At least it was with the brass and ball I used.