PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: MK I Bolt removal problem

orthros
10-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Having bought 3 MK 1 FVT's for the grandkids, I installed the Williams rear sight to the receiver and while admiring the rifle decided to take the bolt out to look at the bore. The problem I have with all 3 is when the sight is installed the windage knob is in the way of the bolt handle so the only option is to take the rear sight off so I can get the bolt out. Anyone else have a problem with this? Call me crazy but when I have a rifle dialed in, I hate to screw with the sights just to clean it. Any workaround for this and does this also occur with the MK II FVT? The woman at the Savage Tech support just couldn't grasp the problem I am dealing with so I post my problem here.

Mac

sharpshooter
10-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Simple....don't clean it. If it's shooting good, don't mess with it till the accuracy falls off.

Cycler
10-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Hoppe's "Bore Snake" will do a good job of cleaning the barrel from the breach end with out having to remove the bolt. They are available in .22 and work for both rimfire and centerfire barrels.

shelbyfan
10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I have the FVT and have no problems removing the bolt. The zero should not change if you remove the sight as it is a fairly simple procedure. I have my stored separately from the rifle, keeps me from bumping it, and have never had a problem with losing zero.